Thank goodness it’s Friday! I always look forward to seeing y’all around here. In fact hosting Quick Takes has made today my favorite day of the week…. well, that and the fact that it’s the end of a school week, Woohoo! And my kids think they’re excited…
I was reminded of this feeling the other week as we pulled out of the YMCA parking lot and faced a T.G.I Friday’s restaurant. Byron read the sign aloud, “‘In here it’s always Friday’. What do they mean?”
“Well, just that Friday is the favorite day of the week, everyone is happy, because they’re done working and have the weekend ahead of them,” I responded, while deeply inhaling the fumes of fried goodies that wafted across the parking lot.
To which Tony pointed out that Friday is actually a very penitential day, and in reality a “Friday’s” restaurant should be somber and reverent all the time rather than an ongoing Mardi Gras.
So this week, seven features of a real T.G.I. Friday’s restaurant.
1. A better motto. Indeed;
THANK GOD IT’S FRIDAY, BECAUSE OTHERWISE YOU’D BE GOING TO HELL. In here it’s always Friday, the day Our Lord died for your sins, so act accordingly.
2. No meat, ever. We specialize in all varieties of lentils, beans and vegetable soup. Seafood? You must be thinking of the Fish Filet offered at heathen establishments like McDonald’s.
3. We encourage our servers to sport a different variety of flair.
4. Partake of your meal at our long, communal table with uncomfortable wooden chairs. We will expect mothers to nurse all children under the age of five, thus there is no need for high chairs.
5. Each table has a shaker of salt and one of bitter herbs, lest you enjoy your food too much.
6. On your birthday you’re presented with a skull, and your waiter, along with several others will surround your table and solemnly chant Dies Irae to remind you that to dust you shall return.
7. Unhappy hours are from 12-3p.m., in which we observe total silence. Drink specials on tap… water; all you want for free.
Any venture capital groups want to jump on this idea?
Link up below with the url of your Quick Takes. I look forward to reading everyone’s posts!