1. School is going well despite Fulton still not having a bus.
2. I have to get up at 5:45 a.m. to start getting Fulton ready for school. I’m having a hard time adjusting.
3. It’s amazing how much stuff I can get done when I don’t need to stop what I’m doing every two minutes to help the boys.
4. My July newsletter is still not out. I apologize, but rest assured I’m working on it. I haven’t felt like writing most days this week, and I want the info on creating a homeschool mission statement to be top-notch, so I’m taking my time rather than sending out something half-assed. Hopefully this weekend.
5. I exercised for the first time in months on Wednesday by doing a “beginner” barre workout on YouTube. Little sore the next day.
6. But thanks to a new local hip hop throw back station, I rediscovered this song, so I’m doing better.
7. Jennifer left the best comment on my post from two weeks ago:
We finally took apart and burned our piano-that-nobody-wanted. I wasn’t even a little bit sad and it was sort of fun (but mostly disgusting – what do they put in cheese sticks that causes them to petrify?!) to discover all the myriad items the children had hidden inside over the course of the years.
Oh, except for the big metal thingie from the inside. We made the man that bought our old utility trailer haul that off. (Lest you worry about him, we gave him a discount on the trailer in exchange). I forgot about that…
Now I’m trying to convince Tony that we can save money on firewood by just burning the piano. I feel like the experience would be woodshop in reverse or music study or something that we could count towards school too.
Short and simple this week. How you doin’? Write it down then link it up below. Be sure to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takes. I look forward to reading your posts.