Happy New Year Quick Takers!
1. How is your Christmas going (present tense!) ? We finished up the first round of cookies so I’ll probably be baking a fresh batch in time for Epiphany. We visited with lots friends and family members, with more celebrations yet to come. Our tree, and house, survived two “real” lightings and I’ve managed to move all the presents out-of-the-way of the wheelchairs. I have yet to make room for all the new toys OR write out lesson plans for my second trimester BUT Tony did buy fancy gin for Christmas so I hardly care a wit about any of it!
Today’s takes will be a mash-up of things I was going to throw into separate posts but didn’t (which is sort of the point of Quick Takes anyway right?) so I can start 2016 on the right blogging foot with no baggage.
2. My top posts of 2015. You guys like a mix of really funny and really heart wrenching stuff.
And #1 hands down this year, and my new #1 overall: Saving Money on Essential Oils
3. I was going to include a gallery of pictures from the past year (one per month) but in scrolling through my media library, I realize I don’t post very many nice photos anymore. Most images are ridiculous pictures of myself the kids have taken to accompany equally ridiculous posts.
So anyway, if you want to see nice pictures from the last year, scroll through my Instagram feed instead.
4. And what do you think about the new website design? (If you’re on Bloglovin’ or Feedly, you’ll have to click-through to see what I’m talking about.) I’m reinventing myself to be more cool and minimalist and whatever else is trending right now. I also just like playing around with WordPress themes. I’m aware of the wonky date issue that makes it looks like my posts were published in 0001. I’ve nagged my software engineer husband about it endlessly so I’m sure the issue will be resolved in no time. Until then, click around and let me know what your think…so long as it reaffirms my decision to radically change the look of my blog.
5. Speaking of nagging, I’ve created a reader survey. (Don’t you roll your eyes at me!) I’ve never done one and as I approach my four-year blog-aversary I thought it might be time to solicit feedback from all you awesome folks. It’s short and sweet and I’d be forever grateful for your help. It’s anonymous so don’t hold back.
Or CLICK HERE to open the survey in a separate tab to complete at your leisure.
6. Did you select your saint of the year yet? I got mine, but you’ll have to wait until my next post where I reveal who it is and why I’m now fearful of what 2016 has in store for me. I’ll also reflect on my 2015 resolutions and share those I’ve created for 2016…so long as I’m not struck down by lightning or something. I’m also trying to narrow down choices for my beast of the year. So far I’ve had a triple-headed monster lady, a manticore and the Jaberwocky. Maybe 2016 will be the year of the Wookie? I’m already really good at screaming incoherently. Leave your suggestions in the comments
7. And this would be a poor post to kick off the new year if I didn’t remind you that I sell a kick butt planner that costs less than a used car, unlike many other planners Pinterest seems to think I should give a crap about. Since Edie bought me huge contractor bag sized purse for Christmas, I could really carry any sized planner, but I’m loving my smaller version of ‘The Best Laid Plans.‘ I’ve got my cleaning routines, blogging goals, calendars, passwords, EVERYTHING all in one place. At 37 I finally feel like I’m an adult. Do you want all your stuff in one place? Ready to feel like an adult? Try ‘The Best Laid Plans’ and resolve to be 85% less disorganized this year! **UPDATE: Until January 3rd, Lulu.com is offering 15% off my planner with the code RESOLVE15!!**
Remember today is a Holy Day of Obligation! Get thee to Mass before enjoying a warm dinner of pork and sauerkraut just like my family. (And by “my family” I actually mean my relatives in Lancaster, PA who still eat pork and sauerkraut for New Year’s Day. I actually dislike sauerkraut and will be dining out instead.)
Link up below and don’t forget to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takes (plus my requests for design advice, survey completion, beast selection and planner purchase.) I look forward to reading your posts!!