I must confess that when I started this blog, in the back of my mind I had grandiose plans of gaining a huge following and somehow landing a huge book deal and becoming a major celebritey…amongst female Catholic writers. Danielle Bean, Susie Lloyd, Amy Welborn…watch out! I’m coming for you! (And I mean that in the most charitable way possible.)
However, since there’s a lot of competition in the blogsphere I thought, maybe I should just write a best-selling novel first to bring more attention to the blog. Then, I can just start entertaining TV and movie offers. The sky’s the limit! So, humor me as I present my seven potential book ideas. I tried to take subjects I’m familiar with , being Catholic, motherhood, homeschooling, etc. and combine them with popular and trending topics in order to reach the broadest audience possible.
1. ” Zombie Homeschooling; Education for the Coming Apocalypse” Because if you don’t look out for your child’s brain, the zombies will.
2. “The Hungriest Child Games” Find out where in your home to hide snacks so your children won’t find them. Cause you’ll kill ‘em if they eat all your dark chocolate squares again.
3. “50 Shades of NFP” A tense erotic thriller full of charting, basal temperature readings, and hot and steamy moments of frustration during periods of intense abstinence.
4. ”Wizards and Witches are Evil and How You can Prevent Your Kids From Ever Reading Anything About Them” or “Wizards and Witches are Totally Awesome and How You Can Incorporate Them Into Your Unit Study.” I’m not quite sure which of these would sell more.
5. “Rome Sweet Vampire” From the dark woods and pagan cults of 15th century Transylvania to St. Peter’s and the catacombs, this is the moving conversion story of one vampire’s journey home to the Roman Catholic Church.
6. “Latin for Pirates ” Because if I can teach a pirate to speak Latin, you can learn too. Or at least, your child won’t scream when you try to teach him or her.
7. Or maybe a children’s picture book;” The Pigeon Wants to Take a Poo on Mommy’s New Sunday Dress” or maybe, “If You Give Your Mama a Mocha, She Won’t Yell At You So Much Before Breakfast”
Let me know which one you’d buy so I can figure out which one to start working on. The first one to comment gets a signed copy of my future best-seller. While you’re deciding, head over to Conversion Diary for more Seven Quick Takes.