Look! I’m not dead! Everyone in my family is fine and not dead as well. Sorry to leave you hanging last week. In my effort to catch up from the previous two weeks of non-stop sickness and #hospitallife, I inadvertently didn’t schedule any time to write my Quick Takes. I sort of thought I might
1. Starting off this week’s Takes with a book recommendation. ‘Journey in Love; A Catholic Mother’s Prayers After Prenatal Diagnosis’ is a book long overdue. For all those who have received a devastating prenatal diagnosis author Kathryn Anne Casey has been there, and she writes beautifully from a place of understanding, compassion and support. While
A belated happy feast of the Assumption. We marked the occasion by attending a special Mass at the Cathedral of Sts Peter and Paul in Philadelphia and taking our first family photo in a very long time. As you can see, I don’t coordinate outfits, Fulton and Teddy need haircuts, Edie is tired and wants
We had a short but blessedly full stay at the beach since my last post. We came home to an empty fridge, an empty pantry and a new month. Where is this summer going??? Thankfully, I still have a month until school starts, even for those taking a few community college classes. I feel like
Let’s see if I get these posted at midnight. Atlantic City started an arena football team this year. I was excited when I first heard the news, but unfortunately, most of their games fell on dates we already had a million other commitments (camp, parties, etc.) Thankfully, we were able to attend their final game
Let’s get to it! 1. Last Friday night after fencing, Edie, Tony and I walked over to the local Our Lady of Mt. Carmel festival to catch an 80’s cover band ‘Class of ’84’. They were fantastic and Edie was in heaven, though she would’ve liked at least one Michael Jackson cover. But they did
After a week away, I need at least one day, but usually two, to catch up on all the laundry, unpack and re-enter into regular life. I *think* I’m done with laundry (not sure if the big kids have anything clean to wear) and after a soak in our luxurious new pool with the boys,
Thanks for being patient! This week I’m coming to you across the web from the suburbs of Milwaukee, WI. I was determined to not forget Quick Takes two weeks in a row (even if I got behind)! Let’s bring you up to speed (and add some more memories to the ol’ blog for posterity’s sake).
1. MDA Camp week 2019 has not gone according to plan this year. I knew there might be trouble when last week Teddy missed the last two days of school due to a stomach bug. This year has been awful for the boys in terms of stomach bugs. I was relieved when this third round
1. I was a minor celebrity this week. Maybe you saw me in this article for the Catholic News Service. I was also excited to see Kendra get so inspired by our St. John’s tradition that she hosted, and filmed, her own Nativity of St. John the Baptist bonfire! Lastly, Our family was featured in
1. We reached a major milestone in the Mantoan house this week- Addie is driving! via GIPHY No really, I’m fine. She spent her first six hours behind the wheel with a driving instructor so by the time she drove us all to fencing the other night, she was doing pretty good.
1. Last Friday we finally saw Avengers; Endgame. I say finally because having to wait one week almost killed half my family. As such, we arrived plenty early to claim our reserved seats…as if missing the previews would somehow ruin the experience. If you’re a Marvel fan, I have no doubt you’ll enjoy the movie,
Come along for some non-contagious Quick Takes plus a few affiliate links at the bottom. I need to disclose them here or risk having someone in a dark suit show up at my door! 1. My last two weeks can be summed up in one word: vomit. Through the solemnness of Holy week and through