In honor of Heather taking the Five Favorites torch and not burning the house down, I’m drawing up my own favorite fivers. (I will use words to accurately describe them as my drawings often leave something to the imagination.)
Here is me meeting Heather this July at Edel.
I’m so excited I’m howling at the moon. I’m also holding a burrito in one hand because we’re in Austin, TX. Heather is wearing her sweet sports bra and workout shoes. Her head is not a spider.
1. Besides Heather, my first favorite is Jif’s new Salted Carmel Hazelnut Spread. It is so good my tongue gets all kinds of excited when I pull the jar from the pantry.
2. My favorite delivery method for shoving this stuff in my pie hole as fast as possible is Schar’s Gluten Free Honeygrams. They’re the first gluten-free graham cracker that doesn’t totally suck. They’re also great for smores.
3. Have you guys checked out Micalea’s Homeschool Link Up? She interviewed your’s truly, plus Jessica from Housewifespice and Annery from Annery at Home. Micalea also interviewed herself, but didn’t do it in the third person so Kelly was a bit upset about that.
4. I’ve seen some SWEET sweaty selfies this week. Heck, here’s a whole post! Have you joined my Virtual 5K?
5. Yesterday it was so hot and I LOVED IT. The kids wanted to go to the beach, so, as you can imagine, I reluctantly agreed.
The sun is happily giving me melanoma. Stupid spray sunscreen with its lousy coverage. And it’s a scallop shell, not a stray glove.
After the horrible winter I am loving the warm weather. I welcome the sweating and the humidity! Frizzy hair? BRING IT ON!!! For a better representation than the above picture:
No wonder Heather doesn’t post more. This drawing pictures for everything is hard. I think I should just stick to writing and taking poor quality photos and leave the art to Mama. (Maybe she can teach me how to draw hands that don’t look like maple leaves.) For more favorites,especially ideas for how to burn off all the Jif Salted Carmel spread you’re going to eat, swing back to Heather’s.
Loved this post!!! And I think your drawings are great. Although I did have to reread to figure out why you drew a big red freckled banana lunging towards the Jif. (It’s a great tongue. Really, it is!)
Hahaha! I thought it was a banana too until I read this comment. But only because my husband eats peanut butter on bananas all the time so my mind naturally went there. It IS a great tongue 🙂 Love the blue sweat too!!
I think your drawings are fun! But I’m wondering – was it really necessary to tell me that there is such a thing as SALTED CARAMEL HAZELNUT SPREAD????? All I can think about it how I’m going to manage getting a jar of that this morning, but what I’m really doing this morning is actually meeting up with Mama H herself for a play date!!! (the play date is for our kids, I mean…) (I suppose the play date is more fun than getting five kids to the grocery store to frantically search for the spread, but it’s not as tasty…)
Love the pictures! So funny and a wonderful homage to the new hostess of Five Favorites… and I , too, am now salivating for some of that salted caramel hazelnut spread.
Bwahahahaha! Micaela loves it all. Every last drop of sweat.
Yes! Give me all the sunshine/summer!
Leave a comment