…no that’s it. If you want to know how to create a profitable blog or MAKE MONEY ONLINE, there’s like, a million other sites you can visit besides this one. Today, I plan to make a convincing argument for why you should start a blog for no other reason than it’s enjoyable. Who’d a thunk such a think was still possible?
1. Blogging is a creative outlet that doesn’t take up space. Unlike say, making home decor from plastic spoons, bottles and, toilet paper tubes.
2. You get to meet all sorts of people! I’ve made so many great friends AND gained all sorts of followers on social media. There’s that guy who takes lots of selfies of himself in the bathroom mirror. The really cute blonde who wants to meet me in person for a good time: maybe a wine and painting class? And that spammer from Croatia who keeps me updated on ‘latest MICHAEL KHORS’ parka sunglasses deal of best’!
3. You get this feeling of being young, hip and technically savy. I always tell people I’m a homeschooler and a blogger with a sly, knowing glance. “Oh, yeah, you know that thing everyone is talking about on their mobile phones, the world-wide web? Yeah, you can find me there. My readers think I’m fabulous.”…as opposed to here in real life where I’m wearing pajama pants and talking to you in Walmart. Online, nobody knows anything about the real you! You can be prettier, neater, a hipster, and a different ethnicity all through stock photos and a great imagination. …no beard growing necessary!
4. A blog is a great journal. I love looking back through my old posts and reading the kids quotes, antics or enjoying vacation pictures. Like that time we all traveled to the beach for a day even though we were recovering from a horrific parasitic infection? Woooo doggie! Thank goodness that’s commemorated for the ages! It totally makes up for the fact that four of my five kids have no baby book whatsoever.
5. You’ll become a much better writer, thanks to the grammar police. Rest assured if you misuse a comma or form of “there/their/they’re” someone will gladly email or message you in the middle of the night to do you the favor of pointing it out. You’ll never mix tenses or confuse homonym/ homophones again!
6. People will come to view you as an expert. Your opinion will matter to everyone…except your teenage children. They still won’t understand why you can’t just get a normal part-time job like their friends’ moms instead of oversharing about the bras you buy, the clothes you wear or the shampoo you don’t use.
7. Exciting opportunities will come your way! Maybe you’ll be invited to speak at a Catholic women’s retreat or some publishers will send you free books for review! Maybe the manufacturers of rock shaped pillows will offer to send you free products! Sometimes, other sites will steal your content and photos giving you the opportunity to learn copyright law! You just never know what new adventure lies around the corner.
For all these reasons and more, I think you should give blogging a try! (This is secretly a cry for help. Join me as a “dedicated” blogger so I feel less guilty about neglecting my kids to maintain a hobby.)
If you’ve already got a blog, what reasons would you add to my list? Comment, then link up below! Remember to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takers. I look forward to reading your posts!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.