Thanks to everyone who joined up with Link-toberfest last week! But I’m partying like Ke$ha, and this Quick Takes extravaganza is still blowing up! (In a non-hazardous, Fire Safety Awareness Month type way.) First a couple tidbits about my week because I do have a life outside this blog (even though the kids are sick to death of me saying Link-toberfest.)
1.Teddy is 5! A child that came into this world six weeks early at under four pounds has turned into a true force to be reckoned with in our home. It could have something to do with all the horsepower. He keeps me on my toes at all times, if only as an act of self preservation.
2. On Wednesday I blogged about my monthly goals, and admitted how doing so doesn’t actually help me meet said goals. I mentioned starting an accountability group and got a few favorable responses. Therefore, I’m going to set up a ‘TAtL Accountability Saloon’ group on Facebook…and yes I mean saloon because that sounds more fun than a salon. Comment or email me (kellymantoan at gmail dot com) if you’re interested in joining and I’ll add you (or I think if you click the FB link, you should be able to join). Even if there’s only a handful of us, I think a group dedicated to setting and accomplishing realistic goals (bring your baggage with you) will be a game changer for me.
3. This weeks Link-toberfest BONUS question is “How many Seven Quick Takes have you posted?” Assuming I’ve always correctly added my posts to my SQT category, today’s post is #131 which is also the atomic number of iodine. (Remember bloggers, earn an extra entry by giving your answer in the comments below, or letting me know you answered the question in your Takes this week.)
4. And why should you care about earning extra entries? PRIZES! I’ve got so many great ladies donating prizes I wanted to make sure to feature them all. Be sure to click through and check out their fabulous shops and blogs! These multi-talented ladies make me feel like a total slacker! Plus, several are offering discounts to TATL Link-toberfest bloggers and readers! (Remember, Christmas is only 11 weeks away…but who’s counting? I had to ask Siri.) Blogger Prize Pack #1
The Best Laid Plans Planner by moi.
A Patriotic pattern from Jen at Faith and Fabric Design
Advent pattern from Jen at Faith and Fabric Designs
A Hi-Res Printable File OR Custom designed printable by Kendra of Catholic All Year
5. Last week I featured the original ten bloggers still plugging away and two of them, plus Jen herself, came over and linked up for old times sake! Many other bloggers linked to their first Quick Takes post, or wrote about how their lives have changed in the years since they started joining Seven Quick Takes. It was so neat to read all the reflections.
6. We also had some brand new bloggers join for the very first time including Sarah at Catholic Again and Mary at Wilmatrimony. (If it was your first time linking up and I somehow missed you, let me know!)
7. Jess at Cathofeminism also gets a shout out because her post about seven times the Blessed Mother just couldn’t. even. was hilarious.
Now you know the drill, write it down and link it up! Be sure to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of LINK-TOBERFEST! The Fine Print: Link up your blog for an entry. Link up a Seven Quick Takes post every week between now and October 23 for up to four chances. Readers, leave a comment for an entry. Leave comments here every Friday between now and October 23 for up to four chances. Bloggers, for a bonus entry, answer the featured question in your takes each week, and leave a comment here so I know. Readers, for a bonus entry, Tweet me @kellymantoan with your favorite Takes of the week, up to four times between now and October 29th. Winners will be selected at random and announced in the October 30th Quick Takes.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.