Actually, I’m not going to reference Back to the Future in these takes, I just thought it made a catchy title …and yay SEO score!
1. Link-toberfest is winding down! This is your last link up to obtain entries for the gaggle of prizes I’m offering! If you’re an unlucky person (like me) who never wins anything, don’t forget the following vendors are offering discounts all month for losers like us!
$5 off a blog consultation with a mention of This Ain’t the Lyceum from Bonnie of A Knotted Life.
2. This week’s bonus questions is “What was your most popular Quick Takes post?”. In researching for this post, I came across a bunch of old gems. If you’ve spent any time around my blog, you’re probably familiar with my most popular Quick Takes posts.
#7 Real Valentines for Today
#6 Livin’ It Up, Anti-Lyceum Style
#5 Pictures for the Uninitiated
#4 How To Stop Hating Facebook
#3 Hit the Beach and Avoid Sandwiches
#2 Summer Bucket List for Underachievers
#1 Stich Fix(ings)
3. But, what about my least popular Quick Takes posts? Some are surprisingly funny (I don’t remember writing that hilarious paragraph about wanting to throw up in the grocery store! Hardeeharhar!) and some should remain buried at the bottom of my stats.
#7 I’m Thankful For SQT
#6 Vanilla Ice, Ice Cream With My Birthday Cake
#5 First World Problems
#4 As I Drive By
#3 Sweaty Hand Wringing
#2 Take SQT and Call Me in the Morning
#1 Under the Weather **this one was funnier then I remember and less than 60 people have read it!
4. We got Star Wars tickets! Friday, December 18, 6 p.m. all the Mantoans will be showing up at the local theater with expectations high! At dinner this week one of my kids exclaimed, “Once Halloween is over, we need to start working on our Star Wars costumes!” Which I heard as, “Hey Mama, once you’re done making our complicated Halloween costumes, get to work on some complicated Star Wars costumes!” I really miss the days when I could just toss an issue of Family Fun at them and pull together a few basic costumes for the kids. Now it’s all very specific comic or movie characters that my mom has to pretend to recognize. “Sure Grammy would love to see a picture of your Mandalorian suit Byron!” (At least that will do double duty for Halloween and the movie opening.)
5. Christine has a dog named Frodo Waggins. Game. Set. Match. I now consider myself the lamest dog namer in history.
6. I loved Tammi’s tips for taking kids to Adoration.
Encourage your children to dialogue with the Lord. Teach them how to sit in the quiet and listen for the voice of God. What a beautiful blessing when they can train their young souls to seek the voice of God. Liken this time to a “visit with grandmom”. “You wouldn’t go to grandmom’s house and eat her cookies, swing in her swing, and play with her dog without greeting her and talking, right?! Well, God awaits us in the blessed sacrament. He longs for you to thank Him for all the blessings in your life.
Be sure to read them all!
On retreat a few weeks ago, we were told to see Christ in everyone, especially the difficult people. I’ve heard that saying many times before. But, for some reason this time, I imagined Christ all around me when I’m stuck in traffic and prone to road rage at the incompetent drivers. Would I flip off “Jesus,” yell at him in my car, or call him names if he were in the car next to me? Um…no. No, I would not.
This outlook would seriously cramp the loud singing I do when I’m alone in the car. I mean, does Jesus in the car next to me really want to hear my version of ‘Downtown*’? (*not kid friendly)
You know the drill! Link up one last time for Link-toberfest and look to see if you’ve won next week! Be sure to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takes!
Fine Print: link up your blog for an entry. Link up a Seven Quick Takes post every week between now and October 23 for up to four chances. Readers, leave a comment for an entry. Leave comments here every Friday between now and October 23 for up to four chances. Bloggers, for a bonus entry, answer the featured question in your takes each week, and leave a comment here so I know. Readers, for a bonus entry, Tweet me @kellymantoan with your favorite Takes of the week, up to four times between now and October 29th. Winners will be selected at random and announced in the October 30th Quick Takes.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.