1. WE ARE OFFICIALLY HALFWAY THROUGH LENT!!! Can’t you almost taste the Cadbury eggs and jelly beans stolen from your children’s Easter baskets? I may have gone in the basement and started sniffing the inside of our plastic eggs in a moment of desperation.
2. In the few moments when I’m not feeling bad about sucking at Lent, or guilty for not embracing Lent and all it’s Lenty-ness, Daylight Saving Time is still kicking the crap out of the rest of me. It wouldn’t be such a big deal to just live our sheltered homeschooling life as it was and do everything an hour later, however we do occasionally get dressed and leave the house and on those days, the time change creates all kinds of frantic situations. ( i.e. me yelling while inwardly wondering when was the last time I applied deodorant.)
3. This week in particular we’ve had a ton of appointments. All I need to do is drive some child somewhere, sit there and answer questions, but yet, these trips tire me out. Why is this? I’m no longer dragging all my little kids to well visits. Shouldn’t these outings seem more like one on one quality time and not a slow death? The last-minute rushing around isn’t helping. I think I call upon all my energy stores to just. get. out. the. door. thus not leaving anything for the remainder of the day.
4. As you can imagine, the fact that there’s two first class feasts this week (Yay St. Joseph and The Annunciation!) has not escaped me, plus Mothering Sunday. It’s almost too much. What’s going to sustain me in the final days leading up to my kid’s Easter baskets? Probably shouldn’t go too crazy this weekend so I don’t crash hard on Monday… Hahahahahah! But seriously, we’re taking Monday off.
So yeah, Lent 29,2198, my wretched self 0. People with actual problems can feel free to come and smack me. Remind me to offer it up too please cause LENT.
5. For movie night this week, we watched ‘Sing’. It was perfect timing since I’ve recently tried introducing the kids to Stevie Wonder (Greatest hits played on repeat whilst singing loudly!!) and the movie features ‘Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing’ and a new original song by Wonder and Ariana Grande. I don’t know if I’ve made dedicated fans of them yet, but at the very least, I’ve got a catchy new tune to make dinner/ dance like a maniac to in the evening.
6. Also, Bamboleo. Because people walking outside my house at 5 p.m. deserve to see my best impersonation of a salsa dancer.
7. And then I tried to show the kids the video for Elton John’s ‘I’m Still Standing’ and wow. That was much weirder than I remembered. We didn’t finish it. So. much. body. paint. There’s just no way to explain the 80’s.
And your week? Write it down then link it up below. Be sure to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takes. I look forward to reading your posts!