Since last Friday I have:
1. Saturday: Hosted our annual Nativity of St. John the Baptist party. It was a record turnout with 129 people, mostly children, and I think the warmest temperatures yet.
2. Sunday: Hosted a tenth birthday party for Fulton and some of his friends complete with a scavenger hunt, water gun battle, piñata and photo booth (made possible by the .99 Pocketbooth app and a sheet draped over a fence.)
3. Monday: Went to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia where the boys each received their sixth dose of Spinraza via lumbar puncture (with NO SEDATION for Fulton #medicalprocedurerockstar). Followed by an appointment to pick up Fulton’s new power wheelchair! (Which was timely since both fried their chairs parking by a sprinkler on Saturday. Thankfully, both old chairs are now operational.)
4. Tuesday we were supposed to go to the beach, but I was feeling a cold coming on so I stayed home and rested…by furiously trying to clean up the house from the previous few days excitement.
5. Wednesday: We spent the morning of July 4th at the beach instead. I took no photos and ignored the fact that my cold appeared to be getting worse. I tried to fight it off with fries and frozen custard. Instead I got sunburnt and was in bed by 8 p.m. and missed Tony’s firework show.
6. Thursday I was sick in bed for most of the day. When I got up to help with the boys, I wore a mask (which I told Addie made me look like one of her favorite K-Pop stars but she disagreed). My voice is also only at 10-30 percent capacity so while I’m yelling less, things aren’t any quieter around here.
7. Also Thursday: We made smores and hopefully that will make me feel better this weekend. #medicinalsmores
Welcome to July! How is your summer going? I hope you are healthy! Write down the latest then link it up below. Be sure to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takes. I look forward to reading your posts.