1. And it’s official, I’m SHEENAZING!!! In a underappriciated sort of way that is.
2. Wow, just wow. I mean, wow. First I just want to thank God and the big JC for coming through for me. And then next my husband Tony for allowing me to spend so much time on the interweb, I love you baby! And my kids; Addie, Byron, Edie, Fulton and Teddy! [violently blows kisses and smears lipstick] You are my inspiration! I want to make the blogosphere a better place for you to grow up! And then last, but DEFINITELY, not least my fans! The readers who come here, week after week and leave their love in the comboxes; this award is for you! Without your tireless efforts over at Bonnie’s, none of this would have been possible. Thank you, thank you!*sob* [Cue orchestra.]
3. I’m also happy I won, because otherwise this new tattoo would’ve looked really ridiculous.
4. On one occasion when I was obsessing too much about my stats, and wondering why I blog, my husband said that I should be happy to become a Ron Paul of the blogging world. My goal shouldn’t be to be the biggest and most popular blog, just to develop a rabid fan base of devoted followers. And to put my blog on a gold standard. I feel like this is a step in the right direction.
5. The joy of being underappreciated also helps me forget about all the money we dumped into fixing the furnace and the van this week, both of which died on the same day. Watching the 15 passenger behemoth get towed was the highlight of the kids week. Teddy still keeps looking out the back window and eagerly exclaiming, “Van broke down!” Thankfully, both the furnace and the van were repaired quickly. The only downside? I’m not quite sure when we’re going to have a second bathroom again. But maybe the kids would be into the idea of an outhouse if I sell it as a ‘Little House On The Prairie’ type experience.
6. I’m down to the final week of play rehearsals, which means it’s at the point in production where my husband starts saying “You’re not doing this again next year” and the kids start saying things like “We never see you!” I guess the twelve hours during the day I’m here educating, feeding, nagging, and all around sacrificing for them counts for nothing.
7. My last take is for all the other bloggers out there who got a nomination. If you haven’t, head back over to Bonnie’s and find some new favorites. Colleen at Martin Family Moments made a list of links and it’s basically where I’ve been spending my free time, all 5 minutes of it. I’ve already added a couple new blogs to my reader and the Links section on my sidebar.
If you’re tired of reading all my self-absorbed ramblings, I’m sorry. Please know there’s a ton of other great Quick Takes linked up at Jen’s just waiting for you. You’re going to be a lot cooler by just swinging by.