1. One week until Edel! I’m 50 percent excited, and 50 percent on the verge of throwing up! So yes, I’m just a bit nervous to be speaking, but in a good way. I don’t think I’ve ever managed to not have some nerves before a talk or performance. The few times I was overly confident were the times I walked on stage and completely forgot my lines, therefore, I feel it’s safer for me to have some butterflies puking in my stomach than to assume everything will be fine. At approximately 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 10th, with my Edel talk under my belt, I will be 100 percent excited, giddy and too liberal with the hugs so, heads up Charleston.
2. While in the sunny south, I’ll be selling my planner and ‘Rosaries Aren’t Just for Teething’ at reduced prices and forcing a smile so. big. for all the selfies. Get ‘The Best Laid Plans’ and RAJFT at Edel prices, through next Sunday, right here at the blog too.
3.To finish preparing for Edel (a.k.a. heavily breathing into a brown paper bag) I’m going to take a blogging break for the week, and next Friday Bonnie from A Knotted Life will host Seven Quick Takes! Be sure to stop by and give her all the love. (She makes the best cookies, so it’s really in your best interests to be nice and link up.)
4. Edel organizer Hallie Lord is expecting baby Lord #7 and is due Edel weekend. Some of us attendees are preparing by watching all the episodes of ‘Call the Midwife’, and that movie by Ricki Lake. All I know for sure is that we need boiling water on hand. I’ve also taken it upon myself to create the perfect L&D playlist using suggestions from other Edel attendees and my own great taste. I dare you to listen and not break into Lamaze breathing.
5. In more self-centered news, I hit 1,000 likes on Facebook this week! With only five to go, I put out a desperate plea and people generously stepped up and pushed me over. I might have mentioned something about a lip synch video….. forthcoming, forthcoming I promise. I’m open to suggestions but brushing up my best Eminem in the mean time.
You know who else is close to 1,000 Facebook fans, the awesome Bonnie. Can we get her a little closer by next week?
6. I do get quite a bit of traffic from Facebook, which is amazing since the social media giant does everything in it’s power to not show my fans or friends anything I publish. If you want to make sure you can easily follow your favorite blogs, businesses, celebrities or friends, EPBOT has a great tutorial for how to set up your Facebook feed so you don’t hate it. H/T Kendra for sharing.
7.In a radical departure: who’s looking for a stylish t-shirt for their teen daughter that manages to cover her midriff and isn’t covered with garish sequins and loud explosions of glitter? Blessed is She to the rescue!
You can even get a matching shirt for yourself! Enter the Rafflecopter below to win $20 of store credit to put towards the item of your choosing! Unfortunately my conscience won’t let me enter or select myself as winner. To learn more about Blessed is She, or subscribe to their daily devotional, clickety click!
Then don’t forget to link up! Remember to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takes! I look forward to reading your posts!