Summer Schedules For Parents Who Cannot EvenHumor
1. After about a day of no school, our household quickly descends into a free for all, every man for himself, Lord of the Flies type environment. As much as I enjoy a break from the work that homeschooling entails, without some structure to our day, our house and I are usually a couple of hot messes before noon. (It doesn’t help that everyone keeps leaving the back door open!!)
2. Of course Pinterest has all the answers I need, namely, a summer schedule, preferably in a brush font using sherbet colors. Here were a few of my options!
3. I realized we needed to establish some sort of order with alliteration, outside the usual school routine, to keep the chaos at bay. Here’s our daily themes. (Trying to keep it real so the kids don’t get their hopes up.)
4. Here’s our daily schedule (It just seems like I have my s*** together when I make a printable with a fun font doesn’t it?)
5. I was also going to make a summer booklist, but as you can see our days are pretty packed so I’m not sure where the kids will squeeze in extra reading, what with all the STEM enrichment activities and field trips we’ll spend time arguing about potentially doing.
6. So far, I’m feeling pretty good because it’s been easy sticking to our schedule. On the flip side, I can’t see how this is supposed to help order our lives more efficiently. Maybe I’m missing something.
7. How is your summer shaping up? Write it down then link it up below! Be sure to include a link back to this post so your readers can find the rest of the Quick Takes. I look forward to reading your posts!
You might also like to read...
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.